Under direct supervisions, the Data Payroll Technician prepares weekly payroll at SMART's Oakalnd terminals in Troy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares weekly payroll in accordance with union contract provisions.
- Computes wages and posts wage data to payroll records from time cards, subtracting deductions such as income tax withholdings, social security payments, and union dues.
- Post accounts receivable and make bank deposits.
- Maintains employee vacation, sick and personal leave banks in accordance with union contract provisions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Two (2) years booking or payroll experience at a medium size organization.
- Ability to operate a desk top calculator.
- Proficient in Windows-based word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to interpret union contract agreements regarding pay provisions.
Starting Pay: $14.94/hr
Union: ATU Clerical
Starting Date: Immediate