Under general supervision, the Employment Specialist performs a variety of administrative and technical duties related to the recruitment and hiring of employees. Administers the Authority's drug and alcohol testing program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the recruitment, interviewing and selection of coach operators.
- Conducts interviews, assists in selection of personnel and extends job offers.
- Administers pre-employment examinations.
- Prepares internal job postings and distributes electronically Authority-wide. Accepts, logs and tracks internal job posting bids and requisitions.
- Represents SMART at job fairs and career day events.
- Responds to employers and applicants regarding general employment questions.
- Provides assistance as needed during Fixed Route and Connector Operator training classes.
- Performs, related duties as assigned.
Drug and Alcohol Testing Program
- Administers the Authority's drug and alcohol testing program. Serves as the designated employer representative (DER).
- Coordinates the random selection process with managers and supervisors of selected employees.
- Reviews the results of all tests. Communicates results as needed and updates database.
- Tracks post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol tests and gathers information from investigating supervisors as appropriate.
- Coordinates and tracks return-to-duty and follow-up testing of employees that violate the drug testing program.
- Consults with Medical Review Officer (MRO) regarding drug and alcohol test results.
- Maintains drug and alcohol testing records in compliance with FTA requirements.
- Completes employment verifications regarding drug and alcohol testing history for current and former safety-sensitive employees.
- Ensures drug testing of employees when transferring from a non safety-sensitive to a safety-sensitive position.
- Prepares annual MIS report fro submissions to FTA.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resource or a related field.
- Two years experience in Human Resources.
- Knowledge of FTA drug and alcohol program testing procedures.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite